The course is designed to provide in-depth knowledge of handling data and Business Analytics’ tools that can be used for problem solving and decision making using real case studies. At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the emergence of business analytics as a competitive strategy.
- Understand the foundations of data science; the role of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics in firms.
- Analyse data using statistical and data mining techniques and understand relationships between the underlying business processes of an organization.
- Learn data visualization and storytelling through data.
- Learn decision-making tools / Operations Research techniques.
- Use advanced analytical tools to analyse complex problems under uncertainty.
- Manage business processes using analytical and management tools.
- Use analytics in customer requirement analysis, general management, marketing, finance, operations and supply chain management.
- Learn analytics through case studies published by IIMB at the Harvard Business Publishing
- Understand sources of Big Data and the technologies and algorithms for analyzing big data for inferences. Ability to analyze unstructured data such as social media data and machine generated data.
- Analyse and solve problems from different industries such as manufacturing, service, retail, software, banking and finance, sports, pharmaceutical, aerospace, etc.
- Hands on experience with software such as CPLEX, Microsoft Excel, Evolver, LINDO, Qlikview, Python, SAS Enterprise Miner, SPSS, R, @RISK and other proprietary software.