The primary objective of the Data Centre and Analytics Lab is to become a centre of excellence and a source for primarily India-related data. Specific objectives include the following:
- Create a data-hub, a warehouse of India-centric data to support academic research.
- Collect, maintain, and update data related to industry, governance and public systems from India and other emerging markets.
- Carry out data-cleansing and formatting that can be easily used for analysis.
- Create a web-based data service system that supports empirical research.
- Provide opportunities for creating teaching material such as case studies based on Indian data.
- Be a repository of India-related data created by government and regulatory agencies.
- Provide software tools for a wide variety of analytics applications.